We have an opportunity for an experienced Digital ecommerce Project Manager to join the team. This role will be dedicated primarily to ecommerce project management working with colleagues providing an unparalleled level of service to our clients creating performance driven ecommerce websites.
The role is suited to an experienced ecommerce project manager, who has at least 3 years experience in delivery of ecommerce projects, preferably with a good working knowledge of Magento, Shopify / WooCommerce, or ideally all 3.
To plan, execute, co-ordinate and manage all internal and third-party resources involved in ecommerce project implementation, from initial scope to going live.
Overseeing all aspects of project management, you are the glue that holds things together and we would encourage you to draw on your experience from previous ecommerce projects to provide a smooth project delivery that exceeds clients expectations and delivers a high performing, driven ecommerce website from the get-go.
You will be the go-to for everything relating to the project and will help advise best options from anything from design, data importing to hosting.
Managing changes, you keep everything on track to deliver projects on time, within scope and budget, highlighting areas of scope creep or potential upsells to Account Managers and delighting colleagues and clients with the end results.
Our ecommerce projects are often meaty and span a number of months, as the ecommerce project manager, you’re in it for the long haul as the constant key person working with the client along with the Account Manager.
Management of Project Delivery
- Work with key team members to gather and confirm requirements from the client at the project initiation stage, all of which feed into the project full brief and technical specification document.
- Support and advise on the creation of scoping documents or proposals required for new projects to be agreed and signed off between the agency and the client.
- Oversee/write the creation and agreement of the technical specification and allocation of budgets for any projects you manage. You’ll be responsible for the overall writing of the tech spec, bringing in technical knowledge where needed.
- Create any planning, creative and development briefs and liaising with other key people from the e-commerce team to ensure briefs are concise and on target for delivery of KPIs
- Work with the key team members to manage the internal end-to-end process from planning to deployment.
- Ensure that project requirements are clearly understood by all involved and be the day to day contact for queries from the project team (Designers, Developers, Copywriters, SEO Managers etc.)
- Set and communicate deadlines for key tasks, negotiating both with Account Managers about client needs and with the project team, about the time they need to do a thorough job
- Identify, secure and juggle resources required for the project and then adjust and communicate project schedules accordingly, highlighting to both the AM, wider team and client for potential slippage on both sides.
- Organise/create any project documentation needed throughout the project by the project team, for instance – the content matrix, go-live plan
- Ensure that the project team have all they need to do their work (e.g. the right files, brief, clear deadlines etc)
- Assisting Ponderosa and Audience group services by providing technical advice where appropriate, including liaising with development.
- Conducting internal and external reviews and producing summary reports with the aim to sell in additional work.
- Manage multiple projects at any one time keeping all colleagues up to date regularly
- Identifying and voicing any opportunities to improved efficiency, processes and profitability of the team and agency
Managing project implementation
- Weekly management of development and creative REQ’s to allocate project time efficiently.
- Ensuring, when required that the delivery of briefs from offline client services into the studio on time. Chasing and being clear on requirements when necessary.
- Monitoring the efficiency of creative and development work slots and managing their calendars to keep to agreed timescales
- Monitoring scope creep internally throughout project stages to ensure work is delivered on time and to budget. Communicating any pain points and potential problems to the AM as soon as possible.
- Being the conduit between creative and development throughout each project stage, to ensure clear communication lines
- Manage project detail to ensure all work delivered is of the highest possible quality, on time and to budget.
- Ensure quality by proofreading, testing, and organising internal reviews and that enough time is allowed for these things to happen
- Ensure proper project closure, including archiving of files so they can be easily accessed when needed in the future and organising a ‘Lessons Learnt’ session with the project team
Our success is built on the people we employ. The person we are looking for will have:
- Excellent organisation and coordination skills
- Minimum 3 years experience in delivering eCommerce projects – the more complex the better
- A passion for all things digital and ecommerce
- Embodies our core agency values, Bold, Curious, Collaborative, Commercial, Creative and Engaging.
- A positive can do attitude and approach to projects
- A team player in every sense of the word
- Magento/Wordpress/Shopify experience in at least one, preferably 2 of these platforms.
- A level of care which comes through in whatever you say and do
- A rigour for process that picks up the detail without reminders
- Active listening skills and be inquisitive to hear and know more
- A desire to generate opportunity to build on the existing client base
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- 23 days holiday + your birthday and bank holidays (pro-rata)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Perkbox membership with access to over 250 monthly lifestyle offers
- A healthcare cash plan membership
- A discounted and supported travel scheme
- Childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme
- Regular performance reviews and feedback
Send your CV here to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org