Junior Magento Developer
Purpose of the role
The role is responsible for assisting in the development of new Magento solutions. It’s also about the maintenance of existing Magento websites, problem solving, whilst learning and adhering to Magento’s best practices. Close collaboration with the Design team, Project Managers and Account Managers is an integral part of the role to deliver something truly and technically cutting edge.
Reporting to: The Head of eCommerce
Areas of responsibility
Core Magento Systems and Architecture Administration
- Learning a working product knowledge of Magento 2 Open Source and Magento 2 Commerce including systems functionality, basics of system architecture, an understanding of integration, and the most popular third-party modules included in the standard Magento 2 installation.
- Knowledge of basic ecommerce terms and a good understanding of typical business usage scenarios and trends.
- Basic understanding of networking, cloud, and server infrastructure.
- Basic understanding of the laws concerning privacy and online trading in the US and Europe, as well as other major trading nations.
- A student of the Magento framework at the basic level covered by the Magento 2 Development Essentials training and working on the job experience.
- Should have experience with PHP, MySQL, Apache/Nginx, and Linux.
- The ability to collaborate with senior team members and assist them in producing finished Magento projects ready for content population from initial scope and design through to live deployment
- Translating briefs and creative layouts into well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Proactively anticipating potential issues with Magento and provide solutions to avoid issues further down the line.
- Supporting project management by ensuring the testing process is followed
- Ensuring all development work is delivered to the highest standard and within scope
- Handing over projects to the account team which have been thoroughly tested with minimal bugs
- Assisting in the development of Magento Themes and Modules using current technologies
- Knowledge of GIT to confidently deploy websites
Must be working towards or have achieved either:
AD0-E700 Adobe Certified Expert Magento Commerce Business Practitioner
Adobe Certified Professional—Magento Commerce Developer
Process and delivery
- Keeping relevant people fully informed of the development status of your projects at any stage
- Combining technical know- how with an ability to explain it in a way that supports Account Managers to engage clients
- Liaising with account handling to make improvements before final sign off and handover to the client
- Preferably daily, but always weekly, keeping your time sheets up to date and accurate, so we ensure we deliver profitability
- Following the agency’s development process regarding version control and development conventions
- Regularly keeping up to date with trends and emerging technologies to support future opportunities for the agency
- Attractive salary
- 23 days holiday + your birthday and bank holidays (pro-rata)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Perkbox membership with access to over 250 monthly lifestyle offers
- A healthcare cash plan membership
- A discounted and supported travel scheme
- Childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme
- Regular performance reviews and feedback
Send your CV here to apply: email@example.com