This role is about the development of new Magento solutions. It’s also about the maintenance of existing Magento websites, effective problem solving whilst adhering strictly to Magento’s best practices. Close collaboration with the Design team, Project Managers and Account Managers is an integral part of the role to deliver something truly and technically cutting edge.
Reporting to: The Head of eCommerce
Areas of responsibility
Core Magento Systems and Architecture Administration
- Shows a working product knowledge of Magento 2 Open Source and Magento 2 Commerce including systems functionality, basics of system architecture, an understanding of integration, and the most popular third-party modules included in the standard Magento 2 installation.
- Knowledge of basic ecommerce terms and a good understanding of typical
business usage scenarios and trends.
- Working understanding of networking, cloud, and server infrastructure.
- Working understanding of the laws concerning privacy and online trading in the US and Europe, as well as other major trading nations.
- A working knowledge and appreciation for the Magento framework at a proficient level and should have experience with PHP, MySQL, Apache/Nginx, and Linux.
- The ability deliver finished Magento projects ready for content population from initial scope and design through to live deployment
- Translating briefs and creative layouts into well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Proactively anticipating potential issues with Magento and providing solutions to avoid issues further down the line.
- Supporting project management by ensuring the testing process is followed
- Ensuring all development work is delivered to the highest standard and within scope
- Handing over projects to the account team which have been thoroughly tested with minimal bugs
- Assisting in the development of Magento Themes and Modules using current technologies
- Knowledge of GIT to confidently deploy websites
Must be working towards or have achieved any of:
- AD0-E700 Adobe Certified Expert Magento Commerce Business Practitioner
- Adobe Certified Professional—Magento Commerce Developer
- Adobe Certified Expert-Magento Commerce Front-End Developer
Process and delivery
- Keeping relevant people fully informed of the development status of your
projects at any stage
- Combining technical know- how with an ability to explain it in a way that
supports Account Managers to engage clients
- Liaising with account handling to make improvements before final sign off
and handover to the client
- Preferably daily, but always weekly, keeping your time sheets up to date and
accurate, so we ensure we deliver profitability
- Following the agency’s development process regarding version control and
- Regularly keeping up to date with trends and emerging technologies to
support future opportunities for the agency
- Preferably daily, but always weekly, you keep your time sheets up to date and accurate, so we ensure we are delivering profitability
Send your CV here to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org