We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join the team and help make Ponderosa (even more) famous. Your remit will cover all aspects of the marketing mix to ensure we are known far and wide and will have the support and services of the full agency at your disposal, you will be treated like a client and brief all the elements you need to promote our brand and services across every possible media.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for:
- How we are perceived in the market.
- How and where we will promote the brand and offer.
- How we ‘warm up’ and attract new prospects to help our direct activity work harder.
- How we keep the agency at the forefront of the industry and present key members of staff as spokespeople for all industry news.
- Defining and managing how the whole process works – from identification to getting a qualified meeting with one of our expert senior team, to running the pitch or submitting the tender – we need you to own it.
- Planning and executing a comprehensive and tailored marketing strategy – combination of tactical /reactive and planned.
- UK focussed relentless marketing activity – ensuring PR and other key channels put Ponderosa on the map in the UK.
- Planning and executing a marketing strategy to drive new and existing products or services.
- You will need good knowledge of all channels, with good insight to digital b2b channels.
- Continually reviewing changes to the market, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting the marketing plan if necessary
- Create and manage an annual calendar, filled with a variety of events to maximise our presence and promote our culture.
- Oversee all marketing activity and content for the agency including social media and networking activity.
- Develop the MOAP and 4 P strategy to control and drive the strategy.
- Continually review and adjust strategy based on performance and gaps.
- Monitor and drive all marketing and new business metrics.
- You will need to be self-motivated, with excellent organisational skills.
- You will have to have a passion for the world of brands and marketing, so you have insight to the latest trends and opportunities for us as an agency.
Lead Development and Client Acquisition
- Oversee the full pipeline from lead generation, coffee chat and beyond through to successful handover to our experts.
- Working with external agencies / business development executives to ensure leads are plentiful and high quality, driving the new business pipeline.
- Drive visibility, awareness and understanding of marketing metrics among the wider team.
- Monitor and review our use of external agencies, making recommendations on utilisation of services.
- Driving social media content and activity to ensure lead generation is clear and follows a clear strategy.
- Build and grow a comprehensive nurture list – right content, right time, right channel, right client.
- Working with wider team to support farming and existing customer prospecting strategy and KPIs.
- Delivering agreed KPIs on the full pipeline
- Manage annual marketing budget – focussing on value for money / efficient spending.
- You will report monthly on all the KPIs set for marketing and ensure the key ratios are managed and delivered.
Development and Delivery of Processes
- Defining and managing and communicating marketing processes, including identification, qualifying meetings, running a pitch and submitting a tender.
- Providing monthly and quarterly reports on all marketing activities and their effectiveness, with recommendations for improvements
- Working with the Head of Marketing to ensure the new business process is clear and drives overall business performance.
- Sharing best practice across the agency and Audience Group.
- Collaborating with other Marketing Managers in the Audience Group to ensure best practice is shared and implemented.
- To continually review, challenge and refine our ways of working until we have a set formula that works and that contributes to continual progress.
- Compliance with GDPR and data protection standards across all communications
- Salary dependant on skills and experience
- Full time (37.5hrs per week)
- Based in Leeds City centre
- 23 days holiday + your birthday and bank holidays
- A contributory pension scheme.
- Perkbox membership with access to lifestyle discounts
- A healthcare cash plan membership (Sovereign Health Care)
- A discounted travel scheme (Northern Rail or M-Card)
- Childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme
- Regular performance reviews and feedback
Send your CV here to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org