We currently have a vacancy for a Financial Controller at Ponderosa based in our Leeds office
The Financial Controller will join our Finance team, leading a team of two (Finance Manager and Accounts Assistant) and report into the Managing Director.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the annual financial planning and budgeting processes to produce robust plans for Ponderosa.
- Regular updates to forecasting process, including forecasting salary and overhead costs.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including flash reports and group finance submissions.
- Administration of and reporting from the agency management software.
- Manage accounting operations (sales ledger, purchase ledger, payroll, cash posting and general ledger entries).
- Regular and ad hoc reporting to the group finance team.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively and creating a strong control environment.
- Preparation and presentation of financial reports for Board meetings.
- Responsibility for maintaining statutory records for the business in conjunction with external advisors.
- Review and management of monthly and annual accounts production.
- Oversee VAT, PAYE/NI and Tax duties, including corporation tax.
- Cashflow management and forecasting.
- Supervising and managing finance department staff.
- Liaise with external accountants, auditors and advisors.
- Liaise with external insurance brokers.
Here at AC, we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we’re committed to as an organisation. We welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds.
The most important thing is that our people live our values – bold, commercial, collaborative, curious and engaging. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are happy to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
The things we are looking for throughout the application process are:
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- More than 5 years’ experience in financial management including manging a finance department
- Experience of computerised accounting software and an aptitude for system improvements and developments.
- Excellent IT skills and in particular MS Excel and Google sheets.
- Experience of Xero and Synergist would be advantageous.
- Plus, some experience of transitioning to new systems would be beneficial.
- A hands-on manager, able to support colleagues and create a learning environment, within a fast-paced and commercially focused accounting department.
- Experience of working with a wide range of finance and non-finance colleagues.
What are we offering?
The salary range for this role is £35,000 – £45,000 and this is dependent on skills and experience.
- 25 holidays plus bank holidays plus birthday
- 3% pension contribution (if you contribute 5%)
- Healthcare cash plan
- Reward and Recognition schemes
We may start interviewing for this role before the closing date so please don’t hesitate to submit your application. And if you have any questions then please get in touch!
Send your CV here to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org